Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Basketball....WHY?????!!!!





The reason that I pick the subject of "Basketball, The Man and its history", is because I play basketball and I planned to play in the league over seas later on in my life. I wanted to know if basketball was for me so I choose to research on it. It's always good to study and learn more about your passion, especially if you want to get better at it.
Basketball to me is more than just a sport. It' s something that I look up to. There are many other things a black young man like me could be doing in the world but I decided to dedicate my life to something positive. It's fun, exercising, and sometimes tiring.
Basketball requires more skills than people think. Basketball takes timing, you have to know and have patience, math is involved, most of the time attitude can get in the way of the game but if you have team spirit and love for the game, good sportsmanship is what matters. http://www.nba.com/

The reason that I pick the subject of "Basketball, The Man and its history", is because I play basketball and I planned to play in the league over seas later on in my life. I wanted to know if basketball was for me so I choose to research on it. It's always good to study and learn more about your passion, especially if you want to get better at it.



I also wanted to show the young people that it takes more than just potential to play ball you have to want it. Grades are another important factor in the life of a ball player. People already have the mind set that "black" men can play ball but can barely spell their names. I wanted to prove them wrong. I have a gift and a message to get across to show that everyone isn't the same and it's more to ball than just ball.

Another thing that affects me when playing or being involved in basketball is how players with great potential ruin careers and chances to be professional by thinking that they are better than the next person. Team doesn’t me that one person does all the work. It takes a team to be great and I think that allot of ball players don't understand that. To me team means together everyone Achieves More, this is what motivates me to play harder and have more team spirit! Basketball is difficult and I’m here to tell the story.

1 comment:

  1. Rio,

    The way you break down your interest in basketball is compelling. You have obviously have some insights into the true nature of the game and I'll be interested to see how your thoughts are informed by the information you're going to find in your research. I wonder will basketball take on a different meaning for you? By the way, you're writing is getting stronger.

    ReplyDelete